Fisher County Hospital District, Fisher County, Texas
The “Heartbeat of Fisher County” had a mass notification system…It switched to Regroup Mass Notification to increase efficiencies in keeping its patients and staff safe and informed.
FISHER COUNTY HOSPITAL, LOCATED IN CENTRAL WEST TEXAS, SERVES ITS COMMUNITY WITH MEDICAL, SURGICAL AND EMERGENCY ROOM SERVICES.
Fisher County Hospital District is a special and unique community with high needs in Central West Texas. The district was previously working with Omnilert for its mass notification service. After careful consideration of their system and looking at other options, leadership at the hospital decided to switch to Regroup for an efficient, streamlined and more effective solution for their communication needs. The two-tap mobile app solution we offer makes it seamless and simple.
Three Ways Fisher County Hospitals Plan to Use Regroup
- Mass Casualty Events: When there is mass casualty or mass trauma event, the entire staff gets a text. With a small hospital in a rural area, its critical to be able to keep the facility staffed appropriately — and be able to bring in everyone who’s needed when there are mass casualties or trauma from incidents like bus crashes or an industrial accident. Doctors and staff members can immediately respond back to report they are on their way, or out of town, etc.
- Active Shooters or Unexpected Violence: Hospitals need to be prepared for violent events, which sometimes result in multiple injuries and deaths. When there are evacuations, lockdowns or other official announcements from schools, industries and other institutions, the entire staff can receive the information they need, right away.
- Inclement or Dangerous Weather: The hospital can inform its staff of dangerous road conditions, extreme weather events and any other event that could make road travel dangerous, or pose health threats to the public the hospital serves. Fisher’s IT department will send out a weather “drill” text once a month so the doctors, nurses and staff get in the habit of reading the texts and responding back.
Regroup and Hospitals, a Healthy Partnership
Regroup’s platform makes it easy to alert employees and patients without compromising patient privacy. Our many hospital network clients use Regroup for:
- Notifying everyone about evacuations
- Reaching on-call staff to fill or cancel shifts
- Enacting medical lockdowns
- Sending training and certification reminders
- Infectious disease outbreaks
- Collaborating on patient care plans
- Alerting staff about missing patients
- … and much more
ENHANCE YOUR COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY, IMPROVE YOUR OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY, AND KEEP EVERYONE SAFE WITH REGROUP MASS NOTIFICATION.
“We are a small hospital in a very rural area,” said Randy Martin, the IT Director for the Fisher County Hospital District. “Regroup can serve our needs for mass notifications, and it is much simpler to use than the competition.”
The Right Solution — For Healthcare Facilities Large, Small and Everywhere In-Between
WHY MAKE THE SWITCH FROM ANOTHER MASS NOTIFICATION SERVICE?
THE CHOICE WAS CLEAR: REGROUP OFFERED EFFICIENCIES AND A ONE-STOP SERVICE WITH EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND A DEDICATION TO COST-EFFECTIVENESS AND CARE.
Regroup’s unique features enable you to communicate efficiently every day and respond to critical events quickly to ensure continuity of operations and patient safety. Our platform makes it easy to alert employees of evacuations, medical lockdowns, infectious disease outbreaks, missing patients and more, without compromising patient privacy.
- Quick Post Templates: Create unlimited templates that can be sent with two-clicks in the event of a natural disaster, bomb threat, active shooter, or any other emergency you want to prepare for
- Conference Bridging: Quickly convene doctors, nurses, and other personnel to collaborate on patient care or other plans
- Unlimited Groups: Notify personnel by role, department, shift, and more with unlimited groups in the system and flexible messaging options
- Reach Everyone, Everywhere: Send messages by text/SMS, voice calls, email, desktop alerts, and through PA systems, digital signage, and other pre-installed hardware at any facility
- Two-Way Messaging: Get on-scene updates to inform your security and response teams on how to best protect patients and staff
- Automated Severe Weather Alerts: Receive alerts from FEMA’s Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (!PAWS), NOAA and the National Weather System (NWS), ShakeA/ert early earthquake warnings, and more